Bowes Museum has a web site.  WWW.bowesmuseum.org.uk
you can also email them at this address [EMAIL PROTECTED]    It is
many years since I visited this remarkable museum.  There are many
interesting things to see.  If you type in Bowes museum Co Durham you will
also find some other interesting sites of interest in the area.
Hope this helps and I do hope you visit the museum.
Best wishes
Josie
Chesterfield
U.K.