I also went to the web-site and searched lace in "collections" and got 69
hits.  If in fact everything is on the website (not the case at the Met.) it is
not a very impressive collection. My own personal collection is better and I am
not a collector who spends that much money on it. I am not sure I would go
out of my way to go to Bowes for the purpose of seeing lace.
Devon
who perhaps has had her judgment warped by seeing the really fine collections
at the Met and Cooper-Hewitt