Whilst, in my opinion, thread the size of DMC 50 is suitable for a lot of Bucks
patterns, an equal number require thread even finer.  It all depends on the
size of the grid the pattern is drawn on - and a common way of measuring that
is by counting the number of footside pinholes per inch (or cm).    I regularly
use either Brok 100/2 or 120/2 for Bucks - both of which are finer than DMC 50.

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

Liz Beecher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I was always taught that it was DMC 30
for Torchon and DMC 50 for Bucks

Does this help

Liz