As a glutton for recognition, I find that little kudos such as Janice's and
Tamara's drive me on to perform even more services for the IOLI Bulletin. No
doubt such recognition is also fueling others to exert themselves to make it a
better Bulletin. However, another way the Bulletin could be encouraged in its
upward spiral toward glossy magazine status is if those who are not members of
the IOLI come to the conclusion that this magazine is so interesting that it
is worth joining the group in order to get it. Debra Jenny operates on a very
tight budget which is funded by the membership fees. The more members/readers
there are, the lower the cost of production per magazine and the more money
there will be available for such refinements as color and photo reproduction. So,
I certainly encourage anyone to rave about the magazine among non-members.
After all, it is the only Lace Magazine in the world that regularly features
humorous articles about lace. (Interestingly, though, the most frequent feedback
Debra gets is that the readership wants more patterns, not that that they want
more articles combining lace history and humor.)
Devon