Fianally my issue has arrived!  And I can see the wonderful pieces everyone
has been talking about.  And I noticed a couple of things in the issue not
mentioned.  The first thing that struck me was the background on the cover.
Perhaps my training in the arts causes me to look at negative areas as well
as the postive areas.  Sort of like seeing the arrow in the FedEx logo.  But
the lace background is a lovely example of Point de Venise and comes from
Debra Jenny's own collection.  With the additional use of color in the
Bulletin, the backgrounds used become more critical and this was a fine
example of creating a blending of the two lace pieces.  I need to add my
thanks and congradulations to Debra for the fine effort she has done.

The other thing that I noticed is that no one mentioned that the 2004
Convention material was included in this issue.  One needs to start thinking
about it as registation is not that far away.  Plus this year includes some
instuctors that have not taught at the Convention before (or since I have
attended, I should say).

In the meantime while I am here - I have 2'-9" done on the 6" wide 5-metre
lace (but I have learned at least 10' of lacemaking knowledge doing it!) and
have managed to ignore it for the past few weeks having to concentrate for a
bit on the lace contest piece and organize that.

Will have to shelve the plans for a entry to the Biennale Internationale de
la Dentelle - Art Contemporain held in Belguim this year.  The design is
there and ready to go but I lack the time to build the round windows and
support frame for the finished unit.

And now I am off to give the eighth Foundation talk on Rotary International
to the seventh club in two weeks. (Don't even ask which club could not get
it the first time around!) <grin>

Kenn Van-Dieren
Bobbins by Van-Dieren
2304 Clifford Avenue