Betty Ann wrote:
>There used to be lacemakers in Richmond and around Richmond.  Back in the
80s,
they hosted a Chesapeake Regional Lace Day in Richmond (it was just outside
Richmond at Short Pump).  I remember Christine and Carol Burley; Christine
taught bobbin lace in Richmond, but her name is not in CRLG directory any
more,
and I don't go to their Lace Days to find out where everyone is.  I recall
that
Christine had some lovely bobbins. Wonder if that was one of hers?  Wonder
where
she is?<

 Christine was a friend of my aunt Laura of Richmond, who is now in a
nursing home - 95 yrs old.
I think Christine died. I know that she was no longer able to make lace a
few years back. I think she was the guiding force in Richmond, and when she
could no linger make lace the whole group collapsed.
Maybe her daughter is selling her stuff.

Louise in Central Virginia