On Feb 4, 2004, at 9:53, Avital Pinnick wrote:

People have different levels
of tolerance and one person's slight is another person's hanging offence.

Indeed :) And we differ in the way we "see" things in general, as well... Of Clay's:

personal attacks, name-calling, and other "not nice" behavior.

I have not noticed any sign in the past month; all *I* saw was an exchange of ideas. Differing sharply sometimes, true, but nothing really personal (or not on the list).

Also from Avital (a different message):

It seems to me that August, December, and February are big flame months. In August people are hot and short-tempered, in December they're anxious about the holidays, and in February they're in the winter doldrums. The short days really do affect
people's moods.

That has been my observation also, esp in December; every Christmas that we manage to squeak through without drawing blood on the list (and in private, but in response to list postings) I consider a minor miracle... :) In August, you have to add the "fed-up factor" to the heat -- the kids have been at home (not at school) for 2 months; relief is in sight, but, in the meantime, the pressure keeps building up... :) I get short-tempered in winter-time myself; I don't have SADD, but lack of *natural* light gets harder and harder to cope with as I get older, and St Valentine's Day is meaningless to me as a "break", since it's not something I grew up with. At least, I do not threaten to quit the list in a snit on a regular (seasonal?) basis... :)

Yours, taking pride in being *the first* Arachne member to be "filtered out",
-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia, USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland