On 18 Feb 2004, at 18:30, Ann-Marie Lördal wrote:

Hello
I got the danish lace magazine Kniplebrevet today and on the last page there
is a lovely scarf. It is made in 2-ply Bourette silk, 10.000 m/kg and Pagoda
silk.
I have looked in Brendas book and can´t find those threads. Does anyone know
what I can compare it too to get to know how thick (or thin it is) and where
to buy it?
The scarf uses 140 bobbins! It sounds a bit much for me but it is so pretty.

Ann-Marie

I too subscribe to Kniplebrevet; my magazine hasn't arrived yet but when it does I'll turn straight to the last page!

I don't know of Bourette silk or Pagoda silk - sounds as though they may be silk knitting yarns but without the pattern I can't even guess about a substitute. Will re-post when I've seen it.

Brenda
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/