On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:27:46 -0500, Clay wrote:
>And Tamara responded with information from Brenda's book...
>
>... YLI Heirloom sewing (rather stiff) 70/2...
>
>Here's my two cents worth...
>
>And may I add that "rather stiff" is a very polite and
>understated way of putting it!!  I found some YLI Heirloom
>#100 on sale some time back and bought a few spools.  When I
>began some samples of Binche grounds a couple of months ago,
>I thought this would be a good weight to work with.  The
>thread was perfectly awful to work with for lacemaking!!

It all depends on what effect you are trying to get.  Sounds to me like this
thread would have distinct possibilities for 3D work.  I once made a lace
edging for a name tag, which I wanted to stand up around the outside.  Using
a thread like this would have enabled me to make a wider and more
interesting edging.  The stiffest thread I could find was linen which
effectively limited me to a narrower edging than I wanted.
--
All politics are based on the indifference of the majority. - James Reston
Steph Peters delete invalid from [EMAIL PROTECTED]