Tamara and other dear web spinners,
When I clicked on the link, the Madonna & Child came up, but then I
happened to notice that the end of the computer links were different, but
the beginnings were the same... so the hyperlink (the part you click on)
got you to the Modonna & Child, but to see the lace paintings you either
need to do some careful cutting and pasting, or copying the rest of the
link.  For me, the cut in the hyperlink happened after "....&mark" I needed
to add the "=1&item=32%2E100%2E5" to see the first painting.

Beth McCasland
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
where it's warm, humid, and might rain.


> [Original Message]
> From: Tamara P. Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: lace Arachne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2/28/04 8:53:22 PM
> Subject: [lace] Re: Depiction of Lace-makers in 17th century Holland
>
> On Feb 28, 2004, at 20:43, Carolyn Hastings wrote:
>
> > I don't know if I'm off base here, but a friend and I spotted these
> > paintings this summer,  while we were visiting the Metropolitan Museum  
> > of
> > Art:
> >
> > The Lacemaker, 1665-60
> > Nicolaes Maes (Dutch, 1634-1693)
> > The Friedsam Collection, Bequest of Michael Friedsam, 1931 (32.100.5)
> >
http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/view1zoom.asp?dep=11&zoom=0&full=1&mark
=1&item=32%2E100%2E5
> >
> > The Lacemaker
> > Bernhard Keil (Danish, 1624-1687)
> > Bequest of Edward Fowles, 1971 (1971.115.2)
> >
http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/view1zoom.asp?dep=11&zoom=0&full=1&mark
=4&item=1971%2E115%2E2
>
> Um... could you be more specific? I know the Maes painting, so decided  
> to "go and see" the Keil one. But, when I clicked on the URL above,  
> what I got was Berlinghiero's "Madonna and Child" (13th c), this being  
> the first of 2290 paintings in the dept of Eropean Paintings.. And,  
> when I clicked on the Maes URL (just for the heck of it), I got the  
> same woeful lady, and the same sad message, even though the two URLs  
> are not identical...
>
> Since I can't do a "search" to save my life (keyed in all the details  
> into "search" and got "no object found")... Could you tell me this: if  
> I go for "view 50 at a time" option, which 50 will the Keil be in?
>
> -----
> Tamara P Duvall
> Lexington, Virginia,  USA
> Formerly of Warsaw, Poland
> http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/
>
> -

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to