Brenda writes:
> The print-out of the pattern may be about one fifth of a circle but you
> can only actually use one full repeat per print-out and you need *NINE*
> repeats to make the full circle.  I've just tried it and although there
> was a tiny bit of distortion it's quite useable.

Thanks for the answer Brenda  - I never thought of the pricking
overlapping that much!  Not being familiar with polar grids,
I just assumed it was a complete repeat.   I should have been
more aware - this is a book about designing lace, not one
in which you follow patterns blindly.  I just liked the look of
this and wanted to "have a go".  And I may have just dived in,
had not my mathematically aware DH queried if it really would
repeat a specific number of times to form a circle (I really didn't
understand what he was saying, but I got the drift!)

Thanks again,
Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/