Thanks to all for help sorting out the number of repeats on the
Jane Atkinson circular edge I am attempting.

I found the circular grid much harder to work than I expected.
After struggling for a day or so, I worked backwards and
undid all 52 pairs, hung the pairs of bobbins on a bobbin tree
to ease out the kinks, and drew the pattern up in my computer.

Started again - still couldn't see "curved" diagonals.  Undid again
(much less this time) and reprinted the pattern complete with
the grid.  At last,I could see where I was going.

I have almost done the first pattern section, but I found a curious
thing - twice, at the end of trails, I have had to introduce an
extra pair.  I've been back to the computer, but can't for the life
of me work out why I need the extra pairs!  Ah well, perhaps
it will sort itself out when I get to do it again for the first repeat.
Maybe I'll have to throw them out somewhere.

I have also discovered a new "trick".  The pillow I am using
has moveable blocks (it's fan shaped, I made it myself) but it is
still not big enough  and bobbins hang over the edge.  I have found
an old lap tray with a bag of bean bag fill underneath it - they were
quite popular some time ago to keep things steady on your lap.
I turned it upside down, slipped the tray under my pillow,
with the beans pushed to one side to support my hanging bobbins.
Works like a charm!

Last piece of news - was approached by a teenage girl (17 or 18,
I think), lives on a property out of town, keen on sewing, who really
wants to learn to make lace!   I've got her started, and she is just
charging ahead!   It's such a thrill to pass the skill on to someone so
young!

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/