On Apr 12, 2004, at 11:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Liz Beecher) wrote:

Somewhere in the move my lace scissors have gone west - they are the type
with the bump on one end of one of the blades.

Does anyone know where I can get a pair in the UK either by mail or from a
shop?

No, not really, but...

I've seen similiar scissors before -- some had a "bump" on one blade, some on both -- but I never thought of them as "lace scissors". Here, they're peddled as as a *masculine* item -- either to trim one's mustache, or to trim one's nose hair (can't remember which)... Often, they appear, in catalogues, around Father's Day and such, and are puffed up as something "for the guy who has everything" <g>

This tid-bit ought to broaden your base of search and, since you're puter-literate (where I am not), might produce something available in UK.

Yours, buying her "lace scissors" from the local "fishing and camping" store -- both blades are sharp, but both *curve up* for safety in cutting the threads close.
-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia, USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland