Yesterday on our 'Flog-it!' antiques TV programme, the presenter visited the
Fan Museum in Greenwich. I immediately perked up expecting to see some
interesting fans, including lace ones. Very disappointing.

There were a few shots of fans in cases. Then the owner of the museum showed
four fairly ordinary fans with paper leaves. Then she opened an impressive
one, which was her own favourite fan - a bridal fan with a lace leaf on
blonde tortoiseshell sticks and the bride's new initials on one of the guard
sticks in diamonds, carried instead of a bouquet for the wedding. Just a
brief view of it open, and no mention of what kind of lace it was. I was so
frustrated.

Jean in Poole