----- Original Message -----
From: "Jane Read" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Is there anyone else on Arachne who's work failed to make the exhibition?
> You'll know because you will have received a letter telling you.
>
> Has anyone heard how the work was chosen for display? Or rather why
> particular pieces were rejected? Weren't they good enough? Didn't fit the
> theme? Too big/too small/wrong size?  Was it on the basis of the Judges
> opinion? Or was it done by a Committee? The letter I received offered no
> information about why my work had been rejected.

My winning piece is being displayed but  not my "Wood Nymph". I went from
elation to depression, as I opened first one envelope from the Lace Guild
and then later the other from Coventry council. As you say there was no
indication why a piece wasn't being included other than space at the gallery
and the number of entries. I too am very disappointed not to have both
pieces displayed, particularly as many more hours went into the wood nymph
than the book. It was a physical struggle to make a piece of lace over a
polystyrene wig holder, and one I didn't much enjoy. But I quite understand
that if pieces needed to be cut, it was fair that I should only have one
piece exhibited.

Your work is beautiful and I'm sure it would have been more than good enough
to be displayed.

I guess the extra exhibition at the Hollies was a last minute decision when
they realised how many pieces they had to display. It is a real shame, and
you have my sympathy.

I am trying to find out how ot post pictures of mine at the Arachne webshots
page. Why don't we all add our photos of the "Myth or Mystery" pieces to the
site? At least that way we can all get them seen by the lace community
around the world, many of whom will not otherwise see them

Sue