Shirley Tregellas in Adelaide, S.Australia, wrote me the following note, but I'm
sending it on to the list because I think she raises a very good point, to which I
don't have a solution.  My immediate thought was that this could be done as an
exhibition piece, not to be judged.

>  This all sounds like a fantastic idea but I have a comment!

If Arachne works as a group, how can we keep the judges (whoever
they might be) from knowing what we are working on, assuming that
instruction and participation is via e-mail on Arachne. Or will the
messages be privately sent to only those who agree to participate. I
thought the origin of the competition pieces were to be secret until after
judging?

It really is a fantastic idea and would bring a lot of lacemakers
world wide together. And if the idea flows and we actually enter a piece,
please include my name in the group for a "small piece". I've been making
bobbin lace for 15 years so I'm what you might call 'intermediate' having
worked Torchon, Beds, Bucks, Honiton and Milanese.  <

Clay

Clay Blackwell