On Jun 1, 2004, at 17:34, Clay Blackwell wrote:

Shirley Tregellas in Adelaide, S.Australia, wrote me the following note, but I'm sending it on to the list because I think she raises a very good point, to which I don't have a solution. My immediate thought was that this could be done as an exhibition piece, not to be judged.

If Arachne works as a group, how can we keep the judges (whoever
they might be) from knowing what we are working on, assuming that
instruction and participation is via e-mail on Arachne.

As both Clay and I have a reason to know, that's a solution which is possible at the Virginia State Fair... But, is it possible at the John Bull Trophy competition?

And there's one more thing to consider; someone else mentioned it early on, but nobody's picked up on it so far. That is: will we be *permitted* to enter a lace project as a group? Because we're not *quite* like any other lace group in the world... :)

Clay has kindly offered to co-ordinate the international efforts but, before she undertakes this job (which is likely to be of mammoth proportions and 3-yrs duration), it would be nice to know that the effort is worth-while. I think we'd need to know a bit more what is and what isn't possible, before we plunge into the project.

So, is there anyone on the list who could answer such questions? Or knows someone with the answers?

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.