What lace am I working on at present?

It can hardly be described as working - but I'm adding a few repeats to a
simple Bucks edging.  It's "Cat's Face" from Dorothy Cox's "Making Lace With
Little Grey Rabbit".   Although this is a traditional pattern, (according to
the book, that is, I wouldn't know),  it's been made with corners as a
handkerdhief edging.  "There in the shop, watching him, sat a fine tabby
cat" is the quote and picture to go with it, and my own fine tabby cat
watches me until he slips into sleep, (and, often, so do I).

This is probably also my oldest piece.  About three years ago, we were going
on holiday and at the last minute I decided there was room for a travel
pillow, and threw the makings into my suitcase.  The holiday - on a Greek
island - was quite wonderful, and I think I captured some of the joy and
serenity among the threads, because this piece is always the one I pull out
whenever I feel the need for something soothing and relaxing.

So far, I've manufactured about two yards, (no corners), and I haven't much
idea what I'm going to do with it:  the making seems to be more important
than the completion.  And I suppose it's a pity I accidentally threw in
cream linen thread and a white cotton gimp . . .   But as Mehitabel (another
favourite cat of mine) always says:-  "wotthehell wotthehell"  (reference -
see below).

Best wishes.
Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.,
with gratitude to all the list members,
whose daily messages remind me
that there's normal life still going on out there,
somewhere).

my youth i shall never forget
but there s nothing i really regret
wotthehell wotthehell
there s a dance in the old dame yet
toujours gai toujours gai

from "the song of mehitabel"
by Don Marquis, in "archy and mehitabel," 1927.