I started lacemaking in the mid 70's both bobbin and tatting.  Shortly after, my
sister got hooked and has been mostly tatting but also has done some bobbin lace. Our
mom happen to be visiting when we were having a meeting so I introduced her as a
guest.  Someone asked her if she made lace too to which she replied, "No, I only made
lacemakers."
Barb in MI
mother and grandmother to lacemakers