I started knitting little diamond shaped pieces with scrap 4ply yarn about
30 years ago, and sewed them together is strips, then sewed the strips
together, to make a blanket.  So far it is barely cot sized!!!  The ½
diamonds are part way down one side only - so far!!!!!!!! :)  I cannot see
it getting any bigger!!!  I have it on the bed, between the blankets during
the winter, as extra warmth, as DH does not need any extra his side, he
says!  So at least it is useful, even though permanently unfinished!

I have recently finished another other long-term UFO!! I brought a
"Penelope" brand (I think) tablecloth, printed pattern on beaut. linen, and
all the embroidery floss needed, when I left England to come to Oz - in
1960.  I started working on it in 1964 - when having Helen (10 days in
hospital in those days!), and finished it last year!

I have a tapestry also brought out in 1960, which is about a quarter done!!

from Liz in Melbourne, Oz,  where it was frosty and foggy this morning, but
the sun is out, now.