Dear Aurelia,
I was not suggesting that we copy an existing jabot. It is simply the case
that some people have expressed concern about the jabot fitting the neck size
and such. Perhaps there are adjustable tabs on the back. My thought was to buy
an inferior jabot as a starting point in the design process. This is how I
would approach it since I have no idea how a jabot is constructed. However, now
that I think of it, you probably already know how to construct a jabot so this
step would be superfluous. Let the designing begin.
I have to say that my tastes run to Point de France Cravats. In my mind's
eye, I see a delightful confection with little scales of justice, gavels and
blindfolded figures of justice contained within lush foliage... A small border of
this at the bottom of the style of jabot favored by Ruth Bader Ginsburg would
be sufficient.
Devon