Hi everyone

Karisse, then Clay wrote:

> > very large cylinder pillows. Would that help with the pattern coming
up
from
> the pillow?

> There are two ways to interpret your description, "very large cylinder
pillows".  The first type pillow which meets that description is what is
known as a "bolster" pillow, which is a large cylindrical pillow
(sometimes
hollow inside to hold tools when not in use) which can be worked all
around.  The second option is known as a roller pillow.  This pillow has
a...

The third option is the Midlands bolster which is probably what Karisse
has seen in pictures - this is the large one I referred to in a recent
long post (etc. etcc...I know...yawn...). I constructed it to try a
Buckspoint edging - it is big and heavy, but yes the pricking
does stay close to the surface - and I think something about the broad
curve of the bolster/cylinder might help keep the pricking from creeping
up the pins. There is enough room on the working surface (i.e. that which
is topmost) to accommodate a lot of bobbins, which are swung to the back
to dangle out of the way when not in use - as much room as on a cookie
pillow, though with a bit more gravity than on a flatter surface.

bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of Canada)