>>>From: peter vilsack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Can anyone clue me in- I would like to make a border for a hankerchief in
Honiton lace and connect the motifs by pearl pin bars or needlelace
bars(buttonhole) <<<

What I would do is make the all motifs first, and make a pattern with the
motifs drawn in (and the connecting bars, so I knew in advance where they'd
look good).  Then I'd use a block (or cookie) pillow and work on part of the
pattern at at time, moving it as I finished one section, so I could continue
on around.  This is the way we do continuous lace for handkerchief borders
and I would think it would work just as well for putting the motifs
together.

Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
http://www.pittsburghlace.8m.com/