On Aug 12, 2004, at 14:12, Diane Williams wrote:

I have this book. The Paisley Pear is huge! Tamara, I don't think this is what you are looking for for your project.

No, not in this lifetime; if I land in heaven, and am handed a pillow and bobbins instead of a harp, then, *maybe*... I, too, have this book :)

Thanks to everyone who's been scouring books on my behalf, and has written me, on-list and off. Sorry to be responding "wholesale" but my private inbox - after 2 hrs of pecking at the keyboard - is now standing at 35 un-dealt-with messages, so I'm cutting as many corners as I can.

Adele (S): great minds tend to run on parallel lines <g> There are 3 patterns in "Dentelles du pays-d'enhaut" that are on my list of "maybe-s"; shearing off the oceans of plain net would be no problem, bringing the number of pairs down to a reasonable number... Of course, the one most tempting *would* be the one with no diagram and a somewhat unclear photo... :) But I'm *definitely* holding those "in reserve" :)

Edith (H): I've not even thought about Beds; since I don't think of it as "my cup o'T", I didn't check in that area. All I have is Underwood's "Collection", and checked that now. There's one pattern there - not a paisley, but nicely flowing all the same - which has joined my list of "maybe-s". But most are not straight. And most are, even at the first look, beyond my skills (my skills in Beds being on a par with "geometric Bucks, early stages") But, if you come accross something simpler, and can scan and e-mail a photo, I'd be grateful.

Jean (B): the patterns in the OIDFA PG study book are *too* "vaguely paisley-ish", I'm afraid. But thanks for making me think of it - that was one I had *not* checked before...

Mary (T): the pattern in Nobecourt and Potin book (which Alice had also suggested)... I'm afraid I was a bit misleading; when I spoke of "leaves" (or feathers), I was thinking more of oak ones than lily-of-the-valley ones... Something with a "fat butt", anyway, more like a paisley than a snake. *And* with the fat butt, rather than the tinin part n the scallop... Nissen's Rodtjorn and Bonderosen are on my " once in heaven" list (I even bought full patterns for both, and hope I'll be able to take them with me <g>), but too complex for this little venture.

Tonder/Tyl 17 Monstre med arbejdstegninger, p 6 -- Sneglen, and p 9 -- Tilde

I don't have 17; all I have is 16 (which didn't have anything interesting). But "Snails" are available also in Skovgard's "technique of Tonder Lace", and are are on my list of "maybe-s" (never thought I'd even consider them... I saw, once, a *long* dress, where the Snails wound, and wound, and *wound* their way around the entire length of it as well as decorating the sleeves, neckline, etc - must have been *at least* 50 yards of it - and had a "snail revulsion" <g>). Tilde, at least according to Jette Petersen's "catalogue" of traditional Tonder laces and their names (just photos), is an insertion. And, the leaves there are less prominent than the flowers...

OTOH, if anyone has a pattern (from the same booklet) for "Fjeren" (feathers?), it would join the list of "maybe's"... As would, I think, a pattern for "Skaevblad" (whatever it means)... :)

Tonderkniplger I (Skovgaard), p 61 -- Knipling med druer, and p 66, Et blad af ringe og cirkler

I don't have that book, either. Any chance for a e-scan of both, pretty please?

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.