>>>From: Elizabeth Ligeti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
the entries were limited to only those people who lived in that State.
This, I feel would be one reason why they don't get many entries. Opening it
up to anyone might get a greater response.<<<

State and county fairs were (and many still are) intended to show off the
quality of  products from that state or county.  It was a showcase for that
region's livestock, produce, handcrafts, etc.  It seems bizarre to me to
hear of Australians or Virginians entering the Colorado state fair.  That
seems like taking your sheep to an international stamp convention.

If a fair is intended for more than just that region, it shouldn't be called
a regional fair.  Give it some other name.

just my not-so-humble opinion,
Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
http://www.pittsburghlace.8m.com/