I've been looking for some organdie to have a go at Carrickmacross (some
time in the dim and distant future) and some cotton lawn. There's a lousy
selection of suitable shops in Poole - like one. There's another fabric shop
that I know of in Bournemouth, but that's an effort for me to get to and I
don't know what they stock - could telephone to find out I suppose -  and
Hobbycraft said they just sell "ordinary fabrics", whatever that means.

I usually buy on-line from Wolfins Textiles. They deal mainly in cotton and
linen fabrics, and if you tell them what you want to do, they'll suggest
everything that might be suitable. They deal in person or by mail order (for
the Uk at least). They've put samples of lawn and organdie in the post for
me today so I can choose and place an order tomorrow. I've dealt with them
before, and have always been totally satisfied.

Their web site isn't awe-inspiring, but they're both very business-like and
friendly in dealing with customers.

http://www.wolfintextiles.co.uk/

Usual disclaimers.

Jean in Poole