On Aug 29, 2004, at 21:18, Weronika Patena wrote:

Great idea with the attached scrunchies, Tamara! I'll have to do get some and
put them on.
What sort of fabric did you use to make yours?

Anything thin enough - quilting cotton is excellent. That fabric has to be thin, because there has to be enough of it to go around the whole roll filled with bobbins, but it also has to scrunch-up (down, surely? <g>) to the circumference of the elastic when "at rest" (unstretched).


Also, in response to Janice:

Good idea with the see-through pockets - I keep having to take my bobbins out to
see the thread color and how much of it there is.

An *excellent idea*, indeed, and I'm sorry not to have thought of it when I was still making bobbin rolls... :) I got around that problem, by making my pocket-fold a bit shorter, so that about a third of the bobbin protruded from the pocket, and I could tell which was which. Since I never stored any bobbins with thread on them, seeing what which colour or how much, wasn't an issue for me.


I think I've seen one of the zip-up bobbin holders on eBay last week - it might
still be there.

I have one of those myself. Like Janice said, they need to be sewn down the middle, to stop the bobbins from slipping to the other side (is that a political statement? <g>) The spangles (that's what those bags are meant for - Midlands) are supposed to stop that, but don't always. But, even after I sewed it down, I still use the bag only for storing my spangled bobbins... The pockets were too long for my squares; with only about 1/2" protruding, it was too much effort to try and dig them out for use. You can grab a spangle easily, but grabbing a bit of a tapered tail is something else again... :)


---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to