Hi All,  There is information on Halas lace in Pat Earnshaw's
"Outlines and Stitches: A Guide to Design", added to the title is:
"with special reference to Halas Needlelaces".  My copy was
printed in 1992,  ISBN 0-9513891-4-9.  The book has directions
for making Halas lace with lots of stitches shown, quite a few
modern patterns and lots of pictures of beautiful NL.  Quite a
few of the pictures are of Halas and other Hungarian laces.
Along with darning in the background I think another characteristic
is that they keep the outline thread in one piece and fold and
curve it to add detail to the design.

After seeing the Kalocsa Lace in this book I was tempted to sign
up for the class in Harrisburg but students signed up for my class
so I was busy.  I think they didn't have the class which is too bad.
Kalocsa combines NL and embroidery in very bright colors!

Jane in Vermont, USA recovering from a fabulous weekend in
Ithaca, NY making Point de Gaze!