On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 09:19:22 +0100, Annette wrote:
>I'm looking for a pillow I can eventually make  full-size fans on.  The
>only one I've seen is from Kleinhout, but it's flat - I find flat
>pillows difficult to work with when using Bruges bobbins.  I prefer a
>cookie pillow  - does anyone know of a pillow suitable for working fans
>that is at least slightly domed?

I bought an oval pillow from the lace suppliers in Scotland - the name is
something like Central Scotland Lace Suppliers.  It's the equivalent of a 24
inch round pillow, but with two chunks chopped off so that it has parallel
straight sides.  The advantage of this shape is that it's easier to reach
all of the pillow, especially the centre, than a circular one.  The shape
almost matches a fan so would be good for that.  However I'm not sure that
this will meet your domed requirements, it is almost flat.

I find it interesting that you want a domed pillow for Bruges bobbins. When
I use Midlands bobbins I like a domed pillow, or use a flat pillow on the
diagonal.   When I use Binche bobbins that can roll, I prefer my pillow to
be as close to horizontal as I can get it, so that the bobbins have no
gradient to roll along when I put them down.
--
All of my REALLY GOOD signatures are 1 character too lon
Steph Peters, Manchester, England

Scanned by WinProxy
http://www.Ositis.com/