I think that is a good idea to recommend Elizabeth Kurella's book to someone
who wants lace repaired..if they are at all handy with a needle and thread.
Earlier this year I used the book when I needed to repair a small tear in a
gorgeous antique filet tablecloth.  The tear wasn't that big but I was
surprised that it still took me two days.  Actually doing a repair yourself
is a real eye-opener :)  .My point is, that we can make the lace, but
repairing is an altogether different kettle of fish.  I was very pleased
with how mine turned out..but then the same tablecloth was ruined when I
later had it on display in the local museum..poor climate control :(  All
that work for nothing (sigh)  Sharon on dull Vancouver Island