> Many years ago I demonstrated lace at a "Craft Fair" in my hometown
>
> Betty Ann in Roanoke Virginia

Me too. During the rain people took shelter under my roof with their back
turned against me and what I was showing. But more showed interest, some
sighed they would never ever have the patience, but also some wanted to
learn.
For everything there are people who like it and those wo don't or even
make fun about it. If you don't want anybody to dislike what you are
doing: do nothing at all.

Jo Falkink