On Dec 19, 2004, at 15:15, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Devon) wrote:

While riding around today and noting the fact that almost every cause has a "ribbon" to symbolize it, ie. pink for breast cancer, red for AIDs, I had a moment of inspiration. We could make ourselves lace strips and cross them over like ribbons to wear on
our lapels.

Mmmm... A piece of lace made on a crossed-over pricking might be even better (it would lie flat, where a crossed over ribbon might not)... Milanese would be perfect for it, too... :) As would some of Belleville's Chrysanthemum designs (if striped off the extra bits).

Is white already "taken", do you know? I wouldn't mind wearing an anti-war (remember "white feathers") and a pro-lace loop... :)

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd