I'm a little behind but just wanted to share my attempt at wearing lace. I
bought a mock turtle neck in grey for my niece and it looked a little plain -
and for her that would never do. I drew her initial and made a 10 stick braid
(like is shown in Gilian Dye's  An ABC of Lace Patterns) in the shape of an L.
It was a success because before Christmas day was over she had it on!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Barbara Saltern
Nazareth PA USA