Well, my first lace 'friend' who started making lace with me 17 years ago
went to Bruges in October as a birthday treat. We first went there together
in 1990 on a lace outing. For Christmas she gave me a candle from the
t'Apostelientje - my favourite shop - it has a picture of a lacemaker on the
side and once the gel has burned away I can put a candle in there.
Family did not produce any lace related presents but lace won the day as
late on Christmas Eve we discovered there was no string in the house to
truss the turkey. The only string we had was plastic....  So I went through
the box and there was an enormous reel of thick crochet thread which did the
job admirably!

I hope all Arachnes have a wonderful 2005 - I'm looking forward to a much
better year as 2004 was dreadful in so many aspects. My geography graduate
daughter who wants desperately to get into disaster management (volcanoes
preferably) is muttering about the lack of warning systems in SE Asia but
with waves travelling at 400 miles an hour there was not much to be done.
Man still has to accept that nature can beat us any time she chooses.

Lynne.
 Lynne Cumming
 Baldock, North Herts, UK
 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."