's Gravenmoer is a dutch village. Same ancient construction as 's
Gravenhage for "Den Haag" or "The Hague". Meaning "Bog/swamp of the earl"
respective "Hedge of the earl". We also have "'s Hertogenbosch", in short:
"Den Bosch", in english: "wood of the duke"
The lace type we also describe as Torchon with a "schuine" half-stitch as
this feature wasn't restricted to that village only and other regions felt
set aside with the title "'s Gravenmoerse kant". I don't know the correct
translation for "schuin": slanted/sloped or something like that. Make your
choice.

Jo Falkink