Brenda Paternoster a décidé d' écrire à  ÒRe: [lace] Re: curling piecesÓ.
[2005/01/15 23:56]

> > So I think metallics have something to answer for, in addition to the
> > S-ply/Z-ply conundrum (and, aren't all metallics Z-plied, on top of
> > being naughty otherwise?)

Actually i think the problem might come  from differences of tension in
threads : linen and cotton threads are elastic, metallic threads are not,
so when you remove the pins  elasticity takes over .  one way of preventing
this could be to starch the piece of lace prior to removing the pins (using
stiff/heavy (?)  starching ) and iron it immediately after removing the
pins .

my two cents ...

dominique from very cold Paris, france . i intended to trim my outdoor
plants to day but i think i'll stick to making lace instead . it's freezing
outside .....