I thought I should write to Arachne about the following I had to wait
until today before I could.

I was at the V & A last weekend to see the Connect 2005 exhibition and
sale of crafts.

Afterwards I  found that the Lace, Textiles, Fashion galleries were closed
I was told for the foreseeable future.  I was  also told that I should have
looked on
the web first before deciding to go to the V & A..

Well if you do  go to the web site  you will not see Lace or Textiles
mentioned.  It
seems they have had artefacts stolen from many of the galleries, so they
have decided to put a new security system in, plus there is a 10 year
programme which has started to update all the galleries.  So I suggest
that if anyone wants to go to the V & A to phone first to see which
galleries are open.

Jean Peach