A lot of this advice will depend on the airport as well as the airline and the
country.  Just because your "home" airport allows you to bring your pillow to
the plane doesn't mean the airport at the other end will.  Even in these
post-9/11 days, the strictness of security varies considerably among airports.

I strongly suggest you buy or make a new pillow that will fit into your
suitcase, or a new suitcase that will take your pillow.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]