Hi, I'm slowly progressing with my longest running UFO - pattern no 8 from
Syllabus Grof (Brugs) Bloemwerk by Sonia Vanoosterwijck, that's the Bruges mat
on the cover - which I started on 1/1/2000. I did a bit of the middle motif
that year and for one reason or other shelved it but have now finished the
middle motif and an working the flowers etc that surround it. I'm doing it in
Bockens 50/2 linen in white. I've just been working in daylight for the first
time and noticed a difference in the lace I made 5 years ago and the flower I
just finished. The new flower is bright white and the older lace is not, I'd
say it has a creamier colour now, not yellowish though.

Would that be an oxidation/natural aging process do you think? It was covered
well when I wasn't working on it so I'm assuming it's not exposure to light.
I'm hoping that as I work it -maybe finishing it at some point<g> all the
thread will end up the same shade. It's not nearly obvious enough for me to
abandon it but I'm curious.

jenny barron
Scotland