At 04:12 PM 2/27/2005, you wrote:
I would say that a bobbin winder is a bit of a luxury to start off with. Mine get wound while I'm sat in front of the TV of an evening.

Just a reminder, and a note to newbies. You can use a string as a bobbin winder -- and everyone can find a string. The directions are on Lacefairy webpage. While you're waiting to afford a mechanical winder, using the string will speed up your bobbin winding. I used it for many years before I finally got a winder, and even today I still use a string for some bobbins. Caution -- it doesn't work well with bobbins that have a sprial groove going the length of the bobbin.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- still celebrating the completion of a ten-year UFO. Plus two bookmarks. And making final choices of classes for conference.