Dear Spiders,

I always use the rhyme:

Weft goes from LEFT to right

to remind me which is the warp and which is the weft in weaving - I suppose in bobbin lace the weaver pr is the equivalent to the weft on woven fabric.

Hope this helps you remember.

from

Andrea Lamble

in a rather damp and slushy Cambridge UK - the overnight snow is melting fast.

........The differential identification is "Tapestry bobbins" They are weighted but I have never seen them square as that would make them difficult to pass thought the warp/weft ( I am not sure which) threads.\

Brian and Jean from Cooranbong Australia