When I was 12 years old I had my hair cut. Until then the length was such
that I could sit on it. I remember the hairdresser asking if we wanted to
keep it,and if so she'd plait it, secure top and bottom and cut off the
plait before cutting the rest of my hair. We decided we didn't want it (wish
we'd said yes now) and she should dispose of it. Then she said it would go
for wigmaking if she cut it into lengths of six inches or so, or hair
weaving if she cut it off one length, but there was more call for it for
wigmaking and it was cut off in shorter lengths.

The length cut off was about 2 feet. How I wish I'd known what I know now!

Jean in Poole