On Mar 14, 2005, at 8:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Clay) wrote:

Actually, I've booked my hotel room at the conference hotel, and the person I spoke with said that I could cancel up until 6:00 pm the first night. However, the "fine print" says that they will charge one night's room rate for cancellations. I wonder if that means "cancellations after 6:00, or all cancellations?

Most hotels permit you to cancel - without any penalty - up to 24hrs before you're due to "take possession". I'd assume the charge for the first night would apply only to cancellations done *on the day*

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/