I have been following this thread with interest as I have done a couple of
these joins in Valenciennes.  So far I have not seen anyone mention how to
do these joins neatly where you have to cross cloth stitch!  It has been
possible to join over ground or the ring pair except at the edge of the
pattern which usually has a cloth stitch area running the whole length of
the edge!  This is the area that I find soooooooooooo difficult to do and
just cant get to look neat!  Any ideas anyone?  HELP!

Sue Fink
Masterton, New Zealand