I have got several replies to my inquiry about the pattern for a 3D lace flower, but it hasn't been found yet. Since so many of you also like it I will continue to look for it and I have put my photo at the Arachne website:
http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html Username: Arachne2003, Password: honiton

So far these books have been looked through by kind Arachne members:

Fantasy Flowers in Bobbin Lace - Pat and Brian
Flowers and Butterflies in 3D Lace - Dorothy K Cox
Plants and Flowers in Lace - Bridget M Cook
Bobbin Lace Fantasy Flowers - Rosemary Shepherd
Lace Flowers - Joyce R Wilmot
Floribana - Anny Noben-Slegers
Roses in Bobbin Lace - Eeva-Liisa Kortelahti
Design Techniques for Modern Lace - Veronica Sorenson
Creative Lace Patterns - Valerie Paton

I now know at which vendor in Tønder I photographed the flower and e-mailed her yesterday. She still isn't of much help, but says the pattern is from an English book (not American) and she made the flower at least 20 years ago. She says she changed the pattern a little because in the book every other petal was worked in half stitch alternately whole stitch. The flower was worked in a spiral and first she made the three inner petals, starched them, removed the pins and started to work the fourth petal on the pattern of the first, just a little bigger etc. The pattern was damaged by so much starch and she hasn't kept it and can't make a copy.

A couple of years ago I was given a black and white picture of a flower that looks exactly the same and ever since then I hoped to find the pattern somewhere and was very pleased when I saw the flower in Tønder - until I heard she didn't know either where it came from. It's a mystery!

Ann-Marie Andersson
Sweden