Someone has posed the question to me about the probable date of a piece on
ebay,
_http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2219&item=7317073933&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW_

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2219&item=7317073933&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

It is described as early Burano. The style of the lace is in my opinion  late
18th, early 19th century. But I think that laces like these were being  made
in the late 19th century as part of the lace revival started by the  economic
distress of Burano in 1872 when the last living lacemaker taught them  how to
make lace again. According to the Dover edition of Palliser they were  making
an Alencon type lace in Burano in the late 18th century  and the industry
lingered as late as 1845. (Levey is fairly silent about this  era in Burano.)
The
Dover edition of Palliser also says they were making  Alencon during the late
19th century revival period. Would this piece likely  date from the late
18th, early 19th century, or would it be a revival  piece?

Devon