*From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Behalf Of
*Barbara Joyce
*Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:20 PM
*To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Arachne lace
*Subject: Re: [lace] travels by air and US customs
*
*Replying to Beth's post and also following-up on my response to Liz,
*
*I understand that there are now some locks approved by TSA. They're
*combination locks that you can set with your favorite number,
*but they also
*have a keyhole at the bottom. In theory, only TSA has a key
*that will open
*them. The idea is that TSA can get into your luggage, but
*baggage handlers
*(and others) can't. I'm not sure I'm convinced, but if this
*interests you,
*see:
*
*http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?content=0900051980082cb5
*
*Follow the links for more information.
*
*Barbara Joyce
*
*Snoqualmie, WA
*USA
*
*
*> I haven't ever tried "shrink-wrapping" my luggage, but did
*have my luggage
*> locked on a recent domestic trip. Airport Security (now U.S. Gov't
*> employees) wanted it unlocked and then they searched through
*everything. I
*> locked my luggage because I thought it would just be x-rayed
*and our (New
*> Orleans) had some security people arrested for stealing things from
*> luggage. So I guess what I'm saying is that if you try to
*wrap your luggage
*> in plastic wrap, they will probably want to cut it. The best
*you can hope
*> for is that you'll be present when or if it's searched.
*>
*> Beth McCasland
*> Metairie, Louisiana, USA
*
*-
*To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
*unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*