After seeing the request by Vasna I thought I would have a little race with
myself.  I had already sent 3 bookmarks along with some others from my guild.
On Friday around 3 pm I wound bobbins and started a bookmark, worked until DH
came home, maybe stopping a couple of times to do household tasks.  We went out
for dinner and on returning I carried on with the bookmark.  I finished it just
after 10 pm but left it on the pillow until today as yesterday I was out at a
craft fair manning a table.  So now I know I can do a bookmark in a day if I
need to.  This design in a torchon one with two pansies on it. I made it in
black with purple petals and green stalk and leaves.  In my haste I forgot to
hunt out some yellow to add to the center of the flowers but I think it looks
just as good without.  The pattern was given to me years ago by Jean Barrett
and is called Heartsease and was designed by Babs Reidy (if my memory is
correct).  I love this pattern and have made quite a number
 of the
 years.  Thanks Jean.  It will be in the mail to Denver tomorrow.

I donated a framed lace cross to the raffle at the church where the craft fair
was and as they had tins in front of all the prizes that you could place the
tickets in, they told me my cross was by far the most popular and raised a lot
of money for them.  A second cross was bought by the vicar for his office and
two larger crosses were sold just before we packed up for the day. I sold two
other lace horse pictures and took orders for 6 more crosses.  I had no idea
they would be so popular as I had not made anything like them before.  Just
passing the idea on if you have a fair in your future this summer.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA