At 03:33 PM 5/16/2005, you wrote:
I did send a note to the seller explaining the facts.

This corrected information may or may not appear on the listing. Changes can be made only before the first bid is received. Also, some sellers will not change a listing once they have put it in. Maybe it costs more to change it.

My thought when I read that the Grandmother had made this tatting was whether or not she had lived in China. This looks much like doilies that came out of China in the past. I'm betting her Grandmother purchased these, just like my Grandmother purchased some similar ones many years ago.

You could make an interesting collection of things listed as 'tatting' on eBay.
Alice in Oregon -- where the sun and rain are alternating.