I'm emerging from serious lurkdom, here....<g>
I took an online bobbin lace class a couple of years ago from Bjarne, who, I think, also lurks on this list. If I recall correctly, he used some of his own designs, as well as some historical ones. I also had access to some books on bobbin lace that were relatively inexpensive and relatively easily available, at least here in the US. I don't have any idea what would be available in Germany, or in Europe-in-general, let alone things that are oriented for non-English speakers (I've only got two non-English lace books [both Danish] and even they've got some English text). If there's a relatively inexpensive book available to you, perhaps you could use that? Or internet sources, if your students are likely to have internet access? Or perhaps patterns that are copyright free? It also occurs to me that perhaps you could make arrangements with local museums, if you have any that have lace in their collections. Sometimes, they'll allow things for educational purposes that they wouldn't otherwise. Most of the beginner-oriented stuff I've seen here in the US seems to start folks off with some form of Torchon lace, probably because it's relatively coarse and easy to learn. Starting with work on short bits appropriate for use as bookmarks, and working through simple edgings to more complex ones....
Hope this helps....
Sue in Montana (NW corner of the US), where she doesn't have nearly enough time for her lace making, because she made the mistake of discovering how fun it is to spin and weave her own fabrics....;o)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear Arachneans,

finally I decided to advertise a beginners course in bobbin lace in autumn. I would like to know, which patterns/prickings you use in the courses you teach? Do you draw your own prickings and your own course? (Copyright reasons) or what could I use? I don't think it is realistic to ask the beginners before they even have a first go to by a printed course book.

Thanks for your help.
Martina in Germany